Being on time has been my new years resolution since 1999.
I’m renowned for being late, and I’m the first to admit that good time management just ain’t my strong point!
Naturally my hair is a wild mess, and when you combine the hair woes, and the tendency to be late, it’s a recipe for utter chaos and stress.
The possibility of the unruly hair being part of the reason why I’m always late just sprang to mind too…
Anyway, enough about the problem and more about the hair hacks that will rescue you when you have zero time to make your hair look good.
Firstly let me let you in on my little secret….
Good hair accessories.
Good hair accessories allow me to create multiple different hairstyles that look like I put in a lot of effort, even though I didn’t.
If you have a good stash of hair accessories with you at all times you can whip up a cute hairstyle in the car, at the gym, or wherever and whenever you are running late AF.
And fortunately clips, scrunchies and hair bling in general are having a bit of a fashion ‘moment’ and are appearing online, on runways and in magazines amongst the coolest hairstyles of the season.
My favs are from Scunci. Scunci have so many beautiful options so you can easily create anything from a casual hairstyle to a glam hairstyle, in literally two minutes.
So here are my go-to styles for when I’m running late AF!!!
1. Clipped and Flipped Up-Do
The beauty of these clear jaw clips from Scunci is that they are easy to use, they hold your style securely and they don’t leave dents in your hair when you take it out.
It’s easy to recreate-
- Grab your ponytail and twist it up towards the top of your head.
- Clip in the jaw clip at the base of the twist and let the rest of your hair hang down around the clip.
2. Topsy Tail with a Gold Cuff
I get so many compliments whenever I wear this Scunci gold ponytail cuff! It definitely adds a bit of bling to any hairstyle.
To create this look-
- Secure your hair into a low ponytail.
- Use the Scunci Topsytail tool to Topsytail the ponytail.
- Clip on the ponytail cuff to cover the elastic.
3. Side Swept with Gold Snap Clips
This look is so simple but it looks SO pretty!
To recreate it you will need a pack of Scunci Gold Snap Clips and to follow these steps:
- Part the hair on the side.
- Sweep one side behind the ear
- Place two Scunci Gold Snap Clips side by side above the ear.
4. Half-Up High Pony
This is a great style that looks cute but also conveniently keeps all of your hair off your face.
To recreate it:
- Use the Scunci Dent Free Spiral Ponytailer to secure your half up style on the very top of the head.
- Once it’s secured gently pull the ponytail out to the sides to make it sit nice and high.
5. Low Pony with a Pastel Scrunchie
These pastel velvet scrunchies from Scunci are SO pretty! I’ve been using them a lot, in low pony’s, high pony’s, half up do’s- anything and everything!
For this style all you need to do is
- Secure your low ponytail with the scrunchie.
- Gently loosen some strands around your face.
- Spray some dry shampoo into your ponytail if you want it to look thicker.
6. Twists + Gold Circle Barrette
These clips are probably my favourite, they clip into your hair like a normal hair clip but all you can see is this pretty gold circle sitting on your hair. The clips come in a 2 pack so you can wear two at a time or just the one depending on your mood.
For this style you just need to:
- Take two small sections of hair from the temples.
- Twist and join them together at the back of the head.
- Secure together with a gold circle clip.
Now if you're not running too late, here's a video tutorial on how to create all 6 of these easy looks.
Let us inspire you.